Friday, November 2, 2007

Backtracking to Things 8, 9, and 21

Bloglines is the skum of the Earth. They do not like my Kent email address either. But, I did look at Bloglines anyway- I just did not sign up for anything (since I can't). Anyways, I learned a lot about RSS (and I am glad to know what that stands for now, too). I am really hoping that this will work in the future. I am excited to have my news available in this format. I have heard about the fact that people do not use TV and newspapers anymore for their news. Most people get the news off the internet. I seem to live in the past. I watch the news religiously every single night at 11:00.

So, I looked for feeds using a few of the other options that were mentioned in #9. Topix was the easiest to use. I simply typed in my city and state, and some news came up (from Vindy.com and the Tribune Chronicle). This seems like a really nice site. I did not care for Syndic8. I was confused about how to use it, and I did not like how the results appeared.

I looked for some podcasts using Podcasts.net. Some of the podcasts that I found, and liked include LitListen Books, Epstein's Podcast, and Fred's World. I found a lot of useful podcasts that I will add to my Bloglines account when I get one up and running.

No comments: