Friday, November 2, 2007

Things 16 and 17

I always thought of wikis as a sort of message board, where everyone can contribute. Unlike a message board, wikis combine what has been written into one easy to read page. I really like wikis, especially Wikipedia and Wikitionary. I enjoyed looking through the wikis here, since they showed ways that they can be used by libraries. I think wikis can be extremely useful in the library world! I liked how the one wiki (at St. Joseph County Public Library) put job postings on their wiki. Libraries can definitely help the public by doing such a thing. Wikis can also be useful for reader's advisory, with recommended reads. These can have descriptions and links to additional/similar books and materials. This is also a great way for a library to advertise some of the services that they have.

I have finally added my blog to the list of favorites. It took me a while, and it never came up with just the blog name. So, I have the URL listed instead. And, it appears to link back to my page. I think that I was confused by the use of the symbol ""... which may not even be the correct symbol to use. I was also adding the url with "www," but it appears that you need to forget about that part. So, I finally added "[ http://ginarian.blogspot.com]" And, I am glad to have finally figured out how to do it correctly!

No comments: